Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Feeling his love for us.

Today i took my daughter to a town about 20 mins away that i didnt know and for 45 mimutes my daughter walked along with me choosing people to hand a rose and a card to. This was such an amazing experience as i watched other people ask why and see their reactions for a 3 year old to say... i think you need a smile hand them a pretty rose and promptly walk away. It was amazing she would say mom i made them happy right? she put 3 of the roses and cards on car windshields which was cool to hide and see thier reaction. I love to watch our savior work through this little child. I decided to do this with her because i wanted to do something with her before she left that would teach her atleast one thing before going to a house without the church. The shock on peoples faces was great. She chose people at random and 3 cars and a mailbox. Below are pics of her before and a pic of what the card said. except it wont upload so ill do that now.... Im such a lucky mom. Sorry for any typos im on my phone.
 
She had red roses and a thank you card that said the following:
You have been chosen, not by me, but by my daughter to receive this letter. I’m not sure why she chose you, maybe because you just needed a smile or just a confirmation that someone cares and wants you to be happy and to have a great day today, and everyday. Thank you for being a part of our community, we appreciate and love you. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers though out the week. Thank you for allowing my small daughter Madison to be a vessel and feel her love for other people in the world to grow. Enjoy your day, may it be filled with smiles and laughs.
This is her first time ever doing this and I want you to know that no one else told us to do these things, I believe that through random acts of kindness and service to other we are able to soften our hearts, and truly learn the Savior’s love for us. May I testify to you that you are loved, you are a special part of this community. I believe that I am the line in the sand standing between my family and evil, and by teaching my daughter love, it will help her grow in service to others and create her own testimony of our Saviors love for us. Thank you for allowing her to do and learn these things.
Have a blessed day.
Victoria Weston
 

2 comments:

  1. You have a way of bringing tears to my eyes! That is such a beautiful thing to do and help someone feel the Savior's love. Good job Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet thing to do!

    ReplyDelete