Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My trials do not define me.

After my last blog about Madison and Bentley playing together I literally got physically sick. I felt as if I was going to vomit any second and the spent yet another night crying something aweful. Lucky me. My husband sat me up (I didn't want to move) and we prayed together. Then something strange happened. I was completely overcome with bad emotions. I went from crying and feeling sorry for myself to hating the fact that she has to leave to complaining about my life you aould not believe the thoughts that consumed my mind. It changed my attitude completely I never have seem this side of myself. I realized what I was doing.

This reminded me of a time when I was pregnant with cammy our youngest and I was having this horrible day. I ran late for a very important meeting for my honors program and so then I sped and got a 200.00 ticket and then made it to school late and was kicked out of my program and then I failed an exam and then I lost my husbands 375.00 sunglases. .  It was a bad day so I went and got a cherry coke with tears streaming down my face I stirred my coke and look out side and began naming my blessings.
The temple
Sealed
House
Car
Companionship
Healthy babies
And then I named KFC's mashed potatoes (my craving)
And I smiled. I found a smile on a horrible day. It was amazing

So anyways last night after noticing my thoughts I stopped and just apologized to my Heavenly Father and told his i love my life and know he will help me through it abd then i repeated my trials will not define me. My trials will not define me. My trials will not define me. I fell asleep saying that in my head.
This morning I felt okay not physically sick but emotionally drained. Not to mention it is finals week. So I flipped through my Book of Mormon and this is what jumped out:
Mosiah 24
13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

Thank you Book of Morman (happy dance) always has my back!
So in closing:
MY TRIALS WILL NOT DEFINE ME.

1 comment:

  1. whoa! I stepped in here in such a bad mood! It's been a terrible day for me too. Making oneself smile is very difficult. We need some external help. Faith, it is. My trials should not define me either. I will try to stop sulking. I see u'r a new blogger. Have a happy stay here! :)

    ReplyDelete